Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Instagram
Register
Advertise here!
    EpicNPC Verified
    EpicMember Premium Upgrade
    Upgraded member with 20+ positive feedbacks.

Phone Authenticator
    Phone authenticator enabled.
    Verified Upgrade
    Members who have verified their identity with us.

Status
    Country
    Finland
    Multiple Accounts
    Feedback Score
    100%

Question about PayPal Disputes

Heya there. Got a quick question about PayPal. I know that there are scammers who order/buy stuff and after they've received it, they open up a dispute on PayPal claiming they haven't received the item.

What kind of information is needed from the seller to win the dispute? I reckon if you're a company, providing something like receipt and chat logs between the customer will do the job? Not sure exactly what a company/individual seller needs to provide. And if it is different for individual sellers and companies, feel free to explain the difference. If someone could enlighten me, I'd be happy. Thanks.

2. #ADS

Super Moderator
    Trusted Upgrade
    Our most trusted usergroup. Members are verified, have 50+ positive feedback and have been a member for over a year.

Phone Authenticator
    Verified Upgrade
    Super Moderator
    Here to help. Just contact me if you have any questions.

Status
    Country
    US/Canada
    Feedback Score
    100%
    I will go into some details in my next post on this thread, as its a difficult subject.

Super Moderator
    Trusted Upgrade
    Our most trusted usergroup. Members are verified, have 50+ positive feedback and have been a member for over a year.

Phone Authenticator
    Verified Upgrade
    Super Moderator

Status
    Country
    US/Canada
    Feedback Score
    100%
    First thing to remember is paypal is a company out to make money first and foremost so the decisions they make really come down to what is best for them.

How do you win disputes? There is no guaranteed way. Best way is to prevent them entirely or most of them. Deal with reputable buyers. Sell secure accounts or items. Happy customers are best customers.

Now how do you lessen chances of losing? Paypal friends and family its not fool proof but its best bet. Not all countries support this and business paypal accounts cannot send friends and family (aka gift)
    Document everything. Have them post on your thread confirming identity. have them email you from paypal account email.
    Only deal with verified paypal accounts.
    Another way is to open website and use all information the payment gateway for site gives you. It gives you user ip, address, real name, etc. large purchases like expensive accounts require phone verification of order and proof of id.

Paypal is wishy washy on their rules for digital items. So when a dispute opens it can go either way.
    If customer paid via credit card or bank they can charge back from the card issuer and bank, this is almost automatically a losing proposition for you. Paypal does not accept proof in these cases. When I have these I call them and speak to some one. Sometimes I get the agent to let me submit proof on these claims.
    Credit card chargebacks now come with a 20 dollar investigation fee levied against seller.

Goods and services disputes? I send in everything. All chat logs, proof of purchases, proof of delivery, urls of threads here including dispute threads if applicable, proof i confirmed identity. etc. Large disputes I call and speak to agent and get their work email and directly send them the proof there as well. If agent is not willing to help I request their boss. Which they have to give you. You may have to ask more then once, sometimes lazy ones do not want to get their boss involved. As long as you are using goods and services you are following their policies they cannot read you riot act on gift payments and cheating them on fees.

Last edited by doomedtofail; 1 Week Ago at 09:08 PM.

Super Moderator
    Trusted Upgrade

Phone Authenticator
    Verified Upgrade
    Super Moderator

Status
    Country
    US/Canada
    Feedback Score
    100%
    Oh and always be polite to paypal employees. Kill them with sincere sounding kindness.

I have had them give me a credit for full amount or sometimes partial amounts even when i lose disputes. They usually wave the dispute fees or credit you back for them too if you are polite and courteous. You cannot get the fee waved on multiple disputes in a short time period but honestly you should not have that many disputes.

Local Forum Mod
    Trusted Upgrade

Phone Authenticator
    Verified Upgrade

Status
    Country
    Romania
    Multiple Accounts
    Other Feedback
    152 100%
    Feedback Score
    100%
    Very nice and detailed explanation Doomedtofail, this should become a sticky post in the safe buying & selling subforum as it presents everything new PP users should be aware of and its stuff that we, as sellers, encounter on a daily basis.

EpicNPC Verified

Phone Authenticator
    Verified Upgrade

Status
    Country
    Finland
    Multiple Accounts
    Feedback Score
    100%
    I read a guide on Ownedcore saying the "Request money" option makes you win almost always, not sure if true. And yeah, agreed that emails between the client is the best proof for an individual seller.

- - - Updated - - -
    @doomedtofail Have you had any disputes? Reckon you have. How have they went? What were they about? If you can go into detail how you've dealt with these, would be nice.