Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Instagram
Register
Advertise here!
    Epic Member

EpicMember Upgrade
    Upgraded member.

Country
    US/Canada
    Feedback Score
    100%

[Poll] What is your opinion on how PvP should be done in an MMORPG?

Hi fellow players, I'm conducting a poll to see what the general consensus is for how PvP should be done in an MMORPG. There are a lot of ideas going around about how PvP should be done and what is too hardcore and what is acceptable. So, please vote in this poll. I've included all options with factors including open world pvp, zone-locked pvp, full loot on death, no loot on death, pvp with anyone of any level, and pvp with only players who are around your level range.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13632860

Click >>> Here <<< for the cheapest Smite referrals!

2. #ADS

EpicNPC Verified

Trusted Upgrade
    Our most trusted usergroup. Members are verified, have 50+ positive feedback and have been a member for over a year.
    Verified Upgrade
    Members who have verified their identity with us.

Feedback Score
    100%
    I voted for open PVP anywhere, level restricted with full loot on death, though my ideal implementation of pvp in a MMO with multiple servers i.e. RuneScape would have all options in the poll with varying/risk rewards i.e. someone training in a PVP world gets more exp and resources than someone training in a safe world.

Feedback Score
    0%
    i think what i mostly see is that players get mashed no matter what their level is, into one team. They should be put accordingly: like level 1 with levels 1-4 and so on.

EpicNPC Verified

Phone Authenticator
    Phone authenticator enabled.
    EpicMember Upgrade
    Upgraded member.
    Verified Upgrade

Feedback Score
    100%
    I only tried pvp once in SW:TOR. It was fun, but not to great for me actually. I think pvp can be a part of MMORPGs, but does not have to!
    Meaning it can be there, but should not affect every player

EpicNPC Verified

Phone Authenticator
    Verified Upgrade

Feedback Score
    100%
    I used to play a game called Tibia; they had 3 options. Non-Pvp, Pvp and Pvp-Enforced. NONPVP is obviously self explanatory.

In PVP, players would get a white skull if they attacked a player. If you died you'd lose your backpack and % chance to drop one of your equipment/wpn.
    If a skulled playered had an unjustified frag (killing someone that didn't do anything) and got a lot of frags, they'd get RS (Red Skull) and on death they'd lose all their items.
    If you continued to frag like that you'd get a black skull, can't attack unmarked players, can't use aoe spells or runes, and take 200% dmg instead of 50% in pvp.
    A yellow skull indicates that someone attacked you (while white/red/black skulled), and you won't get an unjustified frag for killing them
    An orange skull is a 'revenge' skull, if someone killed you, you're able to attack them without getting a white skull.
    party member skulls (green) can kill each other without getting a white skull/ unjustified frag

PVP-Enforced is essentially treating other players like monsters, you kill other people and get exp for it. This became a huge issue when higher lvls started killing new players though

I loved their PVP system though; you can get PK'd anywhere except protection-zones which are only in big cities in 1 or 2 small areas. Sometimes you'd have to run a good 10 - 30 minutes before getting into a safe area.

Feedback Score
    0%
    Balanced would be nice and no p2w

Commoner

Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    0%
    The Blade and Soul pvp is very good. I would love to see more MMOS with a pvp like that.